Friday, August 2, 2013

Week 31 School Starts

Well we are back from Florida, it was bitter sweet leaving. I miss the beach and relaxation, but I missed home even more. We got our school shopping done before we left so I didn't have that to worry about that. Now I've been playing catch up for the last week. Tending the garden, playing with the animals, Brittany mowing all the yards, etc. and ALL THAT LAUNDRY!!! But the trip was worth every minute. 

I've already been scoping out what the kids want for Christmas! Since there is 145 shopping days left. I think we are going to keep things simple this year, but we'll see as we get closer to Christmas. I'm getting ready to start my fall projects. One of them I found on Pinterest, and looks really cool. I'll be making a Halloween Villiage as a birthday present for someone special to me! I post before and after pics!

While down in Florida and learning to SUP (see pics from week 30) I wanted a waterproof case. After 3 days of non-stop research I finally settled on the Lifeproof fre case. I chose this case for several reasons.
1- Lifeproof has the most accessories for the case. This way I don't have to take the case on/off the phone all the time. Example- Lifeproof makes an armband for the case, so I can go running with my phone using the waterproof/dustproof armband, I can buy waterproof headphones and go SUP while listening to music! If I am going to pay $75 for a case I want it to have the best options/accessories available.
2- The best ratings for waterproofing. I have taken my phone in the ocean, shower (to listen to music) and have had a wonderful experience. If you are going into deep water, the case is only rated for a 6 foot drop into the water. So I bought 2 of those floats you use to keep your boat keys from sinking, and hooked it to my phone worked like a charm, my phone didn't sink more then about 6 inches!!! Very pleased.
3- Phone options available, meaning I can use the camera, volume buttons, etc without having to "unplug" a port/button to use my phone. 
4- Best color options. I wanted something bright and colorful, especially since I knew I would be in the ocean I wanted to see my phone if it fell. So I got "hot pink"! 
The only draw back to this case is the sound. By that I mean that the sound/call sounds a little muffled, until you get used to it. I can hear everyone, they can hear me just fine. The ringtones/music sound a little muffled but I have already gotten used to it, now it sounds normal to me. I am totally willing to give up a little sound to know that I can drop my phone in the sink, ocean or where ever and know it's waterproof! 

LOVE IT !!!
I can't believe Brittany started high school this year! She is growing up so fast. 

2nd day of 9th grade! (I missed the 1st day because the bus came 15 min early)




EATING HEALTHY- So I was playing around and also reading about fitness and nutrition while we were in Florida. I came up with this AWESOME snack. 
Banana dipped in peanut butter, then roll it in granola, now drizzle some honey on top!!!! YUMMY!!!! I can only eat 1 banana when its dipped, rolled and drizzled on, so filling!

We are doing great at eating healthy. I am drinking smoothies for breakfast and the possibilities are endless. My favorite so far is:

Strawberries
blueberries
spinach
greek yogurt
granola/oats
fruit juice
protein powder

Put in a blender and blend until smooth!! Yummy!!




I'M STILL SMOKE FREE- ALMOST 3 WEEKS NOW. I FEEL GREAT!!! 

EXERCISING- very proud to say I have gotten up at 515 the last 2 mornings and worked out. Just some floor exercises. Its only 15 minutes, which I can only do HALF. I did not realize how out of shape I was until I attempted to do this video. I must say it targets the main muscles (legs, arms, back, abs) so I will start slowly over the first few weeks and work my way up. I also found a cool Podcast on my Iphone. Its called PodRunner Intervals its FREE. The set I'm listening to is "First day to 5k". Its a Podcast you can listen to and it tells you when to walk, jog, sprint, etc and times you along with plays the music for you! Go check it out! 

 


Well until next week, have a great weekend!!! 

Yes this is Adyson wearing 5 inch wedges, she thought she needed these! 












No comments:

Post a Comment