Friday, January 3, 2014

Breakfast with leftovers & Saving Money


Today I was feeling nice and I decided to cook breakfast for my family! So I picked a recipe off of Pinterest that I have been dying to try.

 Apple slice pancakes- I added a few extra ingredients to the pancake batter.
I used golden delicious apples and thinly sliced them. Dunked the apple slices into the pancake batter and cooked them as usual. 

Recipe- (I got the recipe from -pancake mix) this makes a huge batch of pancake mix. Then you just measure out what you need
 And tweaked it a little bit

2 cups pancake mix
1.5 cups water
1/3 cup oatmeal
1 scoop protein powder
2 eggs 
3 tbs oil 

Mix together & dunk sliced apples into batter and cook as normal. They were so good. 

Instead of syrup I used peanut butter and honey! They were amazing! Since I have so many leftover I decided to freeze them individually to have breakfast all next week! As cold as it's going to be in the morning all next week I think this is a great idea for a hot breakfast before school. 


Take them out of the freezer open the Ziploc bag and pop in the microwave for about 45 seconds. Instant, homemade, and wholesome breakfast in seconds! 

After breakfast I thought it was time to do the annual piggy bank dump. So I helped Adyson dump her piggy bank and sort all the change. Adyson gets all this change from making change at the grocery store, picking change up off the ground, us paying her allowance to her in change and she turns and keeps it in her piggy bank. Every year I help Adyson dump her piggy bank and we take all the rolled change and put it in her savings account.  She gets so excited to count her change and roll it! 


                                                  
She was so excited when she was counting her money to find out how many quarters, nickels, dimes and pennies she really had.

For whatever reason Adyson insists on having three piggy banks and I'm not complaining. At least she knows how to use the piggy bank and where to put the money and how to save it.  That's all that matters to me!

                                                      

She  needs a few more coins in each slot for the money holder to fill each one of them up. So basically, Adyson has saved $44 in change for the year 2013! Not bad for a four-year-old! Her goal for 2014 is to make more money, she wants to save $50! 

Speaking of saving this is the first week of January and I am going to do the Facebook challenge that's been going around about saving money. Only I'm going to do mine in reverse. It's supposed to be save a dollar week one saved two dollars week two save three dollars weeks three etc. 


Since I want to use this Facebook challenge as a way to save Christmas money, I'm going to do it in reverse. Week one I'm saving $52, week two I'm saving $51, week three I'm saving $50, etc. So the closer to Christmas the less I have to save and I'll already have a majority of my money in the savings account! It will also be easier as it goes through the year having to save less money as the weeks go by.  So until I get my Christmas savings account set up at the bank I decided to make me an envelope! 




My mad money envelope is just a little envelope that I keep a little extra money in for those days when the kids and I want a little pick me up. It may be a treat to Subway or a treat to go get a milkshake, rent movies. The mad money envelope comes in handy when were just having a bad day or a rainy day or for whatever day! I try to put $5-$10 in it every week. It's never let us down yet! 

Don't forget to subscribe!
So what did you accomplish today?

No comments:

Post a Comment