Sunday, September 8, 2013

Week 36 Can't wait for Fall!

                    It has been an interesting week for sure. Brittany had an off week for football and trying to get back on a regular schedule was almost impossible. I LOVE long weekends but the short "work" week messes me up, big time. I can not wait for the weather to start changing. I can't wait to use my crockpot more. I need to get in a better habit of using my crockpot. I did get an AWESOME craft project done this week. That was my biggest accomplishment this week. 

Oh by the way guess what guys? There are only 108 days until Christmas!!! Can you believe it? Santa is doing it LAST MINUTE THIS YEAR! 


 NO CHEMICALS-  I still have 2 bottles of Lysol bathroom cleaner left then I will be making my own. I can't wait. I have found a wonderful book I shared with you earlier this year Pinterest. I love this book. I can't wait to start trying some recipes. 

HEALTHY EATING-  Brittany is doing great with cooking dinner 2 times a week. I think she is actually starting to enjoy it. Although on Friday we forgot to pull anything out of the freezer for dinner so she cooked Tuna Helper. Not the healthiest but she did good following the directions. 
I think this year I am going to make homemade cocoa for the kids instead of buying that junk stuff from a box. I have been looking for some good homemade recipes, if anyone has any let me know! I have a drinks board on Pinterest

I'm still trying to find some more smoothie recipes, you can see mine on Pinterest

READING-  I still haven't a read book. I'm falling behind. Since They haven FINALLY decided to turn 50 Shade of Grey into a movie and have chosen the cast maybe I will read that. 

My Exercising- I did get up and exercise two times this week, even though it was a short week. The other days I was up and at it in the cow stalls, mucking.... Well someone has to do it. I fell off the ab work out too. So starting Monday I will start back on day 12 of my ab workout. 

 FARMING-  I was comparing pictures of the Girls (Hamburgerella & Steaktesssa) from when we got them in January until now and how much they have grown. The girls can't be more different, its funny. Rella LOVES bananas peelings and all, but Tessa will only eat the banana. The girls wouldn't leave me alone when I went out to muck stalls. I had to block the way of the stall with the muck cart.

Hamburgerella back in January.
Steaktessa & Hamburgerella in January


Hamburgerella in July... She has gotten so big.
CRAFTING-  So you guys have heard me mention the birthday present that I wanted to make for my grandmother. Well over the last week I completed a Halloween Village for Grandma! I am so proud of it. I had so much fun doing this. It was much easier then I ever thought it would be. I bought Christmas houses last year on sale (after Christmas) I spray painted all the people and houses black. Used a touch of chrome spray paint on the tops of the houses to give it a mystical feel. NO ONE BETTER TELL MY GRANDMOTHER!!! I'm mailing it this coming week, so she has plenty of time to get it set up and plenty of time to have it displayed!


My kitchen table for the last week covered in crafting things.
 

The start of  the cemetery & headless horse man!
The town sign, it says "Happy Halloween"
 
 


The village completed. 

Well until next week, enjoy your time with your loved ones. Time goes by so quickly and you forget what is really important in life. We come and go so quickly no one gets to know anyone anymore. Stop and smell the roses. Don't let life pass you by. 


REST IN PEACE KATHERINE APPLEBY

No comments:

Post a Comment